How to Prepare for Your Eye Exam?
Have you been having difficulty seeing things correctly? Do you want to correct your vision to see things better? If so, you might want to go for an eye exam so you can get a prescription.
But do you know that you need to prepare for your eye exam? Yes, that’s right!
To get your prescription for eye glasses Winnipeg, you need to have certain information with you before you go for an eye exam. Knowing some details will help make the eye exam experience easy and hassle-free.
Here’s what you need to know.
Information to Gather Before Your Eye Exam
There are a few pieces of information you need to gather before you go to your eye exam. This information will help your optometrist to determine your prescription accurately.
- Family History: Think about your parents and grandparents. Do they have any vision issues such as cataracts, glaucoma, or other eye problems? Note it down.
- Vision Problems: Start to notice the issues you are having with your vision. Do you have blurry vision? Do you have headaches or watery eyes? Do you have double vision? Do you feel uncomfortable while seeing at night? Note these details.
- Medications: Note down any medications you might be taking for any illnesses or injuries. Are these medications allopathic, herbal, or homeopathic? What are the doses? Note this down.
- Write Down Your Questions: Note down any questions or concerns you might have about your vision. Are there any specific vision problems causing discomfort to you? Ask these questions to your eye doctor during your eye exam to get better results.
Things to Bring to Your Eye Exam
There are three things that your need to bring for your eye exam.
- In addition to the information gathered above, you also need to bring your previous prescription (if any), your prescription safety glasses Edmonton, contact lenses, and your sunglasses.
- You can also bring your vision insurance (if you have any) to the eye exam to pay for the costs.
- Lastly, bring a friend or family member with you for the eye exam. This is important if your eye doctor uses a solution to dilate your pupils. In this case, you won’t be able to drive back home on your own. Having someone with you will help in such a situation.
How Much Time Will You Need for Eye Exam?
A thorough eye exam may take about an hour of your day. Hence, take out enough time, including one hour for an eye exam and the rest for the commute. It might not be a good idea if you are thinking of getting your eye exam done during your lunch break.
Moreover, if your eye doctor uses a solution to dilate your pupils, the eye exam may take more than one hour. Pupil dilation solutions take time to act and show their effect. Hence, take out a substantial amount of time for your eye exam.
Finding an Eye Doctor
Once you have everything ready, it is time to find the right eye doctor for yourself. You can ask for recommendations and referrals from your family and friends. Or you may want to look it up online. However, make sure to check the ratings and reviews before choosing an eye doctor.
Wrap it Up
If you are having vision problems, getting an eye exam will be beneficial. Make sure to gather all the information, bring the right eye exam essentials, and find the right eye doctor for the eye exam.
And finally, once you have your prescription, you can visit us at UV Boutique. We are a leading online store that offers a wide range of prescription eye glasses Toronto, sunglasses for men, women, and kids. We have a wide range of stylish and trendy frames for your eyeglasses.
Check it out now to know more.