5 Things to Look for When Buying Cycling Sunglasses
Cycling is one of the favorite sports activities for many people around the world. Whether you are doing it to maintain your physical fitness or because you want to take it up as a competing sport, there are several things you must have in your cycling gear. Apart from the right cycling gear, you must always have the best quality cycling sunglasses. Although you will find several options to choose from. However, when choosing cycling sunglasses, you shouldn’t look for trendy glasses for women and men.
Instead, you should look for cycling sunglasses that offer you certain protective features along with being fashionable. Here’s what you should look for when buying cycling sunglasses for yourself.
Choose Polycarbonate Lenses
It is highly important to choose the right lenses for your cycling sunglasses. And there is nothing better than polycarbonate lenses. These lenses offer several benefits for cyclists.
- When you are cycling on your favourite route, you need sunglasses that can take the impact of any flying object. Polycarbonate lenses allow you to gain this benefit. These lenses are strong enough to take the impact and protect your eyes when cycling.
- Several cycling sunglasses with polycarbonate side shields. Having side frames will provide enhanced protection to your eyes from objects, sunlight, and dirt while cycling.
- Polycarbonate lenses also protect your eyes from the wind while cycling thus preventing watery eyes and reducing the need to use eye drops.
Prolonged exposure to UVA and UVB light can damage your eyes and vision over time. It can cause glaucoma and other types of eye disorders. Moreover, cycling without sunglasses results in excess dilation of pupils causing more light to enter your eyes. This can damage your eyes and make it difficult to cycle on the track.
Therefore, driving safely and protecting your eyes are critical when cycling. Therefore, buying sunglasses that offer UV protection is critical. Make sure you check out this feature.
Choose the Right Fit
When choosing cycling eye glasses Edmonton, make sure they fit your face perfectly. Loose-fitting sunglasses will slip and won’t give you accurate vision while cycling. Remember a few things:
- Choose lightweight cycling sunglasses
- Make sure the sunglasses have a rubber grip to avoid slipping due to sweat
- To get a more comfortable fit, choose a small nosepiece
- For better peripheral vision, you can choose a half-rimmed frame
Choose the Right Lens Colour
Your sunglasses shouldn’t blur your vision or shouldn’t make it difficult for you to see any obstacles while cycling. Hence, choosing the right lens colour is critical. This will help you see any rocks, pebbles, or any other obstacle in your track.
For example, amber or copper-coloured lenses are great for overcast days. Green or grey-coloured lenses are great for bright sunny days. Clear or yellow lenses are great for night-time cycling. Choosing the right lens colour will enhance your overall vision and reduce the chances of any accidents.
Lastly, when choosing cycling sunglasses, you need to consider ventilation. Your sunglasses must offer a free flow of air to avoid fogging. You can achieve this by choosing sunglasses with the right padding. This will ensure there is enough distance between your face and sunglasses for free air to flow in and out.
Also, cycling glasses with an elastic strap will be beneficial. The elastic strap will ensure your sunglasses stay in place and don’t slip while cycling.
Wrapping It Up
So, there you have it! Finding the right cycling sunglasses is critical to ensure you have the correct vision on the track.
If you are looking for high-quality sunglasses, prescription eye glasses Calgary, reading glasses, and more, you can check out our UV Boutique collection. We have a wide range of fashionable yet high-quality eye glasses for men, women, and kids.
Check it out now.