How to Determine the Frame Size of Your Prescription Glasses?
Are you looking to buy prescription glasses from an online optical store Toronto? Do you know how to determine the size of your frame?
At UV Boutique, we not only provide high-quality prescription glasses and sunglasses but also guide our customers to make the right choice. Experts from our online optical store Toronto bring you a definitive guide to determining the size of your frame.
This is typically important for those who are buying their first pair of spectacles. Here are the steps to determine the size of your frame.
- Take a credit/debit card. Try to use the one that is expired. Although it won’t get damaged during the following steps, it is wise to use an old card for security purposes.
- Stand in front of the mirror.
- Place your debit card on your eye. One end of the card must be placed in the middle of your nose and the other end of the card must touch the edge of the eye. You can find a picturized depiction of this page on our online optical store Toronto here at UV Boutique.
- Here’s how it will tell you the frame size.
- If the tip of the card extends beyond the edge of the eye, you have a small frame size.
- If the tip of the card sits perfectly or touches the edge of the eye, you have a medium frame size.
- If the tip of the card doesn’t touch the edge of the eye, you have a large frame size.
This is one of the ways to measure your frame size. This will work perfectly for those who are buying their first prescription glasses. However, if you already have spectacles and want to buy a new pair, knowing your frame size is pretty easy.
Take your spectacles and find 3 numbers written on the inside. These three numbers will be separated with a dash (-) or a small square. These numbers depict the following-
- The first number will tell the eye size/lens size.
- The second number will tell you the bridge width.
- The third number will tell you the temple size.
When you are ordering a new pair of spectacles from an online optical store Toronto such ours, you need to enter these three numbers to order the perfect frame size.
To know more about different frame styles and tips to order the right prescription glasses, get in touch with our team at UV Boutique, a leading online optical store Toronto.
Our team of opticians have an experience of 25 years and brings to you the finest collection of prescription glasses and sunglasses for men, women, and kids.
Contact us now to know more.